Southport and Ormskirk Hospital Trust is set to receive an increase of almost £18 million in funding from the government, following pressure from Southport MP Damien Moore.
Southport Hospital was expecting to receive similar funds to 2018 but profited from an increase of additional funding which will allow the trust to invest in some of its key areas such as Orthodontia and A&E.
Damien Moore MP said:
“I’m delighted that Southport and Ormskirk Hospital Trust has received increased funding for the next financial year which should be seen as a success.
“Working with the Government, we have ensured that Southport has become one of the largest beneficiaries for new funding, which means the trust has received more than it was expecting.
“The increase of funding will help the hospital treat more patients and reduce waiting times. I look forward to working continuously with Silas as the Chief Executive and the Trust in the future, for the benefit and wellbeing of our town.”
Silas Nicholls, Chief Executive, said:
“I’m delighted we have secured £18.3 million of additional funding to help improve our financial position – this money was more than we had been expecting from the government and will help to alleviate existing pressures. I will continue to work with Damien to secure further funding for the hospital."
Over the past year, this work completed at Southport Hospital has included:
* An extended and refurbished A&E department at Southport hospital
* The opening of an assessment unit for patients with urgent surgical referrals as well as some patients arriving for planned procedures
* A day case unit at Ormskirk hospital
* A permanent discharge and transfer lounge for patients who are ready to go home
* Quiet rooms at both hospital A&Es for patients who need a calm environment
* A fantastic hospital open day for our community at Southport with the next planned for Ormskirk hospital in the autumn
For more information please contact Damien Moore MP at Damien.Moore.email@example.com or 4 Post Office Avenue, Southport, PR9 0US.
Contact Tony Ellis, Communications and Marketing Manager - Telephone 01704 704494 Email firstname.lastname@example.org