Home Office & Immigration

The law states that only those who are registered and accredited by OISC – the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner – are able to provide immigration advice. My office is not accredited by OISC, and so the extent to which we can assist with immigration queries is limited.

I can help with:

  • Requesting an update from the Home Office on an outstanding application.
  • Asking for a case to be expedited on compassionate grounds, for example.
  • Inquiring into Home Office procedures and clarifying rules.
  • Confirming whether the Home Office have received documents you have sent.
  • Clarifying whether you have a right to work in the UK whilst your application is pending.
  • Identifying and rectifying Home Office errors.

I cannot:

  • Offer immigration advice.

  • Give you an indication of the likely chance of success of your application.

Generally, I can only intervene once an application has been submitted. If you are unsure whether I am able to help with your immigration matter, please send me an email and I will be happy to clarify.

If you are contacting me about a Home Office case, please note that I will require the following information: your date of birth, nationality, and the type of any application your case relates to. I will also require the date and reference number of any application you have already made.

If I am unable to help you, I will try and refer you to an organisation which can.