Casework (Help & Advice)

As your Member of Parliament I can help you with many of the day-to-day issues you are facing and for which central government / Parliament has responsibility. My casework team are trained to provide support on a wide range of issues, including those outlined on this page.

Due to strict parliamentary rules, my office and I can only help people who live within the Southport constituency. You can check whether I am your MP here. Please always include your home address on any correspondence you send to me. Examples of areas I can provide you support with include:

  • Benefits, pensions, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions (more information here).
  • Immigration and other issues dealt with by the Home Office (more information here).
  • Tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs.
  • Queries and complaints with the NHS and other health providers.
  • Problems with the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency.
  • Help with nondepartmental government bodies, such as DVLA and DVSA.
  • Educational issues.

Examples of areas I cannot provide you support with include:

  • Planning applications.*
  • Consumer issues and faulty goods.
  • Legal advice (including intervening in any cases which are at court stage).
  • Financial advice.
  • Private and neighbour disputes.
  • Employment and contractual matters.

If you are unsure whether I am able to help with issue, please send me an email and I will be happy to clarify.

If you have a case with my office and wish to speak with your caseworker urgently, please call 01704 500 577 quoting your case reference (in the format DM1234 or DM12345) and we will arrange for your caseworker to call you back.

*I can, however, pass on your concerns to the Council to ensure your views are registered..