As your Member of Parliament I can help you with many of the day-to-day issues you are facing and for which central government / Parliament has responsibility. My casework team are trained to provide support on a wide range of issues, including those outlined on this page.
Due to strict parliamentary rules, my office and I can only help people who live within the Southport constituency. You can check whether I am your MP here. Please always include your home address on any correspondence you send to me. Examples of areas I can provide you support with include:
- Benefits, pensions, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions (more information here).
- Immigration and other issues dealt with by the Home Office (more information here).
- Tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs.
- Queries and complaints with the NHS and other health providers.
- Problems with the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency.
- Help with nondepartmental government bodies, such as DVLA and DVSA.
- Educational issues.
Examples of areas I cannot provide you support with include:
- Planning applications.*
- Consumer issues and faulty goods.
- Legal advice (including intervening in any cases which are at court stage).
- Financial advice.
- Private and neighbour disputes.
- Employment and contractual matters.
If you are unsure whether I am able to help with issue, please send me an email and I will be happy to clarify.
Whilst casework queries should generally be sent to my office via email or letter, if you have a case which is particularly urgent please call 01704 500577 to bring it to my office's attention.
*I can, however, pass on your concerns to the Council to ensure your views are registered..